ENTRY & SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
The Gualala Salon exhibit will be a juried and judged fine art show. The purpose of this exhibit is to showcase outstanding visual art and artists without regard to the type of media.
All work submitted will be juried and judged into the Salon (accepted work) or the Salon des Refusés (rejected work). Salon will exhibit in the Burnett Gallery, eligible for 1st ($1000), 2nd ($750), and 3rd ($500) Place awards. Salon des Refusés will exhibit in the Jacob Foyer, eligible for People’s Choice Awards of $100, $75, and $50. Additional awards include: a Judges Award of $100 for best work by artist under 18; a Collage Group Award of $100 for best collage; and a Founders Award of $100 awarded by the three founders of The Salon show.
– $15 per entry, $20 for Not For Sale entries.
– Up to two entries allowed per artist.
– Scholarships available – contact exhibit curator.
– Registration fee waived for artists under 18, contact Kendra at [email protected]
For this exhibit, artists are encouraged to use all media.
– The work submitted must be original to the artist submitting, should be no more than two years old, and may not have been previously exhibited at Gualala Arts.
– Gualala Arts will retain 30% commission on all sales of entries (and multiples) made during the course of the exhibit. It is Gualala Arts policy to request the artist to submit to Gualala Arts 10% of any future sales generated as a result of the Gualala Salon & Salon des Refusés.
– Please ensure all artwork is professionally prepared for hanging or display (no clip frames, etc.) and can be displayed with minimum of effort. NO screws or anchor bolts will be used for hanging; if needed, modify your art to be hung by wire picture hanger.
– Entered artwork must be delivered to Gualala Arts Center 46501 Old State Highway, Gualala, CA 95445 June 6 & 7, 2022, noon-3pm. Mask and social distancing are required.
– When delivering art, include a label with your name and the title of the entry securely attach to each piece.
– Artist must agree to have their art used for show publicity if they wish to be included in the online exhibit and online sales.
– Regarding large pieces: total width of wall art is limited to 8′ per artist.
– Gualala Arts, Inc. is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of artworks entered in the exhibit at any time in the exhibit process
– Exhibiting Artists are solely responsible for their work
– Gualala Arts does not insure artwork. Exhibiting Artists should insure their work if they deem it necessary
If artist agrees to sell multiples (for print, graphics, and photograph entries only), they must be exact copies, including mount/matte/frame/etc. and artist must either deliver the multiple to Gualala Arts before the end of show or arrange shipment/delivery directly with the buyer.
– Accepted work will be eligible for the First ($1000), Second ($750), and Third ($500) Place awards.
– Rejected work will be eligible for the People’s Choice Awards of $100, $75, and $50.
Additional awards include:
– Judges Award of $100 for the best work by an artist under 18
– Collage Group Award of $100 for best collage
– Founders Award of $100 awarded by the three founders of The Salon show.
Dates to Remember
– Entry Deadline: 5/27/2022
– Deliver Artwork: 6/6 & 6/7/2022, noon-3pm
– Members Opening Day: Friday 6/10/2022 11am-5pm
– Public Reception: Friday 6/10/2022 5pm-7pm
– Show Ends: 7/3/2022
– Pick-up Artwork: 7/4/2022 noon-3pm
Exhibit Curator: Bruce Jones
(707) 884-3381 [email protected]
Questions: Contact Kendra at [email protected]